The Human Resources Advisor will lead the provision of a comprehensive HR service to managers and staff in Brussels, Berlin and Luxembourg.
As part of this key role in our Global HR Team, the Human Resources Advisor will lead the provision of a comprehensive HR service to managers and staff in Brussels, Berlin and Luxembourg. Your role will be focused on managing and coordinating day-to-day operational aspects of the HR service and providing high quality, accurate advice and guidance on HR policy and procedures, local labour law and best practice.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, you will also work closely with the Head of Human Resources and the Global Recruitment Manager and liaise extensively with other members of our global HR team in other locations.
We are looking for an experienced HR professional with excellent knowledge and understanding of HR systems, processes and best practice as well as working knowledge of statutory frameworks within which the organisation operates. To succeed in this role, you will also need to have a detailed understanding and working knowledge of employment law in at least one country of operation (Belgium, Germany).
With the ability to work on your own initiative and operate autonomously on a day-to-day basis, you will be expected to build and maintain professional credibility with managers and staff at all levels and speak French and English fluently.
ClientEarth is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please note that ClientEarth will only be able to employ those who have the legal right to work in the country where this post is based.
Education and training
- Part qualified HR professional or equivalent level of work experience
- Relevant supplementary training or equivalent skills i.e. psychology, workplace mediation, coaching etc (desirable)
Experience & knowledge
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of human resources systems, processes and best practice
- Working knowledge of statutory framework within which the organisation operates
- Detailed understanding and working knowledge of employment law in at least one country of operation (Belgium, Germany)
- Understanding and commitment to diversity and equal opportunities
- A strong interest in environmental issues
- Commitment to ClientEarth’s vision, mission and values
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage own workloads, prioritise conflicting priorities and operate autonomously on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to plan and deliver results both in line with a longer term strategy and routine day-to-day activities
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to act with sensitivity and discretion when dealing with complex people related issues
- Ability to build and maintain professional credibility with managers and staff at all levels
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative manner within a multicultural setting
- Core IT skills (able to use MS Office, Internet, HR databases, teleconferencing and social media)
- Ability to give and receive feedback sensitively and objectively and a willingness to challenge constructively
- Ability to persuade and influence people at all levels
- Fluency in English and French (essential) and another European (i.e. German or Polish language (desirable)