This position is responsible for the management of the ACC office in Brussels to ensure increased
membership growth in Europe and support ACC initiatives that advance ACC Global HQ and ACC Europe Chapter’s goals in the region.
The Managing Director, Europe, will play a key role in developing short and long-term strategies to advance ACC’s visibility and growth in the region. This position will focus primarily on efforts to grow membership in Europe; to ensure continued high quality delivery of services to members; and proper office operation in compliance with legal and financial requirements. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the association by implementing strategies that increase membership retention and recruitment to achieve ACC’s membership goals. The duties of the Managing Director, Europe will be executed in a direct chain of command of ACC Global HQ.
Direct all operational aspects of the ACC Office in Europe, including human resources and finance. Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations and applicable laws.
Manage membership recruitment consultants and ensure they meet agreed upon KPIs.
Over see membership acquisition and retention efforts in Europe with the objective of fulfilling the goals set forth in the ACC Global HQ membership acquisition strategy, including individual and corporate memberships. Along with the chapter’s consultants, ensure members’ inquiries are responded to in a timely manner and data of prospective members is collected, used and managed in compliance with data protection requirements.
Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective membership recruitment opportunities and trends. Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration. Share knowledge with all ACC Global HQ staff and ACC Middle East Chapter Manager on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs.
Develop and meet ACC Global HQ forecasts, and membership and financial objectives. Manage ACC Brussels Office budget, under the control of ACC Global HQ, and allocate funds appropriately.
Regularly report on progress to the SVP & CGMO and provide updates as requested to the CEO and ACC Global HQ Board and ACC Europe Chapter Board
Work with ACC Global HQ staff and the ACC Europe Chapter Board in identifying new legal resources that may be produced by ACC Global HQ staff. This includes identifying topics of interest to current and future members and potential authors from Europe and the Middle East.
Work with ACC Global HQ staff and ACC Middle East Chapter Manager inidentifying ways to promote ACC resources to members and prospects in the region.
Work with SVP & CGMO and the ACC Europe Chapter Board to identify and develop relationships with other in-house bar, trade and special interest associations in the region to increase ACC reputation and visibility to advance ACC’s membership and/or resource development strategies.
Work with the Vice President & Chief Communications Officer and ACC’s communications consultant to support ACC’s goals of ensuring that ACC and its mission, programs and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
Provide guidance to the SVP & CGMO and the ACC Europe Board of Directors on issues related to increasing membership growth, retention and trends in the region.
Perform such other duties and responsibilities as requested by the SVP & CGMO.
- Law degree from accredited college or university required. Additional business degree preferred.
- Seven or more years of related, high level experience in Europe, preferably in a non-profit environment, and proven track record in membership recruitment, retention, and business development.
- Executive-level communication skills (i.e., verbal, written and presentation)
- Solutions-oriented manager with superior conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Fluency in English and a second language required, with a preference for French or German.
- Political savvy and the ability to work well with volunteers, including a volunteer board of directors.
- Ability to manage staff and multiple areas of responsibility.
- Strong financial management skills and general business acumen. Strong budget management skills.
- Proven project management skills with ability to execute and deliver on multiple projects and manage to objectives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and membership databases.
- Proven development and implementation of membership, communications, and education programs.